Cuckfield is to possess a drinking trough and fountain, Lady Glanusk having offered to erect the same as a memorial to her brother, Captain Sergison, of Cuckfield Park, who for many years was Chairman of the Urban Council. The site selected is close to the entrance to Cuckfield from the direction of the Park, an uphill road, and near the old drill hall, or what is locally known as the Stocks. The trough and fountain are to be of solid granite, without any attempt at ornamentation.
Brighton Gazette, 7 December 1912
Contributed by Malcolm Davison.