top of page

1929: Window struck by lightning

Updated: Dec 4, 2023


Churchyard Cottages

During the height of the thunderstorm on Saturday evening lightning struck the wood work and smashed a pane of glass of a window at the rear of Churchyard Cottages, the residence of Mrs Jeffary.


Mid Sussex Times, 23 July 1929


NOTE: A terrace of three cottages located within the churchyard of Holy Trinity church and dating back to the 16th century. Originally known as Church Ale Cottages where parishioners would retire for a drink between sermons.


Photograph from geograph.org.uk


Contributed by Malcolm Davison.


Visit Cuckfield Museum, follow the link for details https://cuckfieldmuseum.org.


58 views

Comments


bottom of page