Windmill Cuckfield, Sussex to be sold by public auction (unless previously disposed of by private contract, of which due notice will be given) by Mr M Drawbridge, the Station Hotel, Hayward's Heath, on Wednesday, the 7th day of November next, at four o'clock in the afternoon precisely,
All that superior and well-built post windmill, driving two pairs of stones, with brick-built round house under, situate at Whiteman’s Green, Cuckfield, in the county of Sussex, now in the occupation of Mr D Mighell, a highly respectable tenant, at the yearly rent of £50.
The Mill is in a good state of repair, in good working condition, and advantageously situate for wind, good roads, and markets, being distant only about half a mile from the town of Cuckfield, and about two miles from Hayward's Heath first class Railway Station, on the Brighton line, where is held weekly a large and increasing corn market.
The property is leasehold for long term of years at nominal rent, and belonging to the mill, and to be sold with it, are one pair of patent sails, one pair of common sails, a very capital and nearly new fan tail on wheels, with patent axles, stairs and ??? handrail, French and peak stones, a nearly new 16 inch cylinder, flour dressing machine, and other usual fixtures and fittings.
The property may be viewed on application to the owner, Mr Henry Wood, Cuckfield, and all further particulars, with conditions of sale, may be had either of him, of Mr. Waugh, Solicitor, Cuckfield, or the Auctoneer, Scaynes Hill, Lindfield.
Surrey Gazette, 2 October 1860
Contributed by Malcolm Davison.